# Day 3 Data and AI
This day is about getting your hands dirty with data and AI in Azure. We will dig into the topics
- Azure Cosmos DB
- Azure SQL DB
- Azure Cognitive Search
- Cognitive Services
- Challenge 00 (optional): Baseline Deployment for Day 3 (~15 min.)
- Challenge 01: Azure Cosmos DB (~60 min.)
- Challenge 02: Azure SQL DB (~30 min.)
- Challenge 03: Azure Cognitive Search (~30 min.)
- 💎 Breakout 01: Add data storage services to our sample application 💎 (~90 min.)
- Challenge 04: Cognitive Services (~30 min.)
- 💎 Breakout 02: Add Cognitive Services 💎 (~30 min.)
# Day 3 - Goal
Yesterday, we built a basic application that talks to services running as Azure Web Apps in the cloud. Today, we will enhance the application by introducing modern Data Storage services (SQL and NoSQL) and adding features of a modern user experience, like full-text/semantic search. We will also add further services and make sure, that they can loosely communicate with each other, so that the application itself remains easily extendable.
At the end of the day, we will have the following architecture up and running in Azure.
The challenges marked with the "💎" are the ones that focus on the sample application and represent the adoption of what you have learned in the challenges before. They results of the "💎" challenges will be reused in the upcoming days.
But do not panic in case you cannot finish them in time today: we got you covered tomorrow by a baseline deployment of today's results.
😎 Enjoy your day! 😎